There has been a school in Burham since 1858 when the then Curate of Burham, the Rev. W. Keith started a church school with funds raised locally. It was originally sited on Rochester Road and at one time held as many as 400 boys and girls. When a new Board school was built on the corner of Bell Lane in 1890, the boys moved there leaving the girls and infants in the original building. Both schools were re-organised in 1958 and became separate Infant and Junior Schools. This new building was erected in 1985 and the juniors moved in.